Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let's Get Sketchy Week 1 Challenge

Here is my submission for the first challenge of June at Let's Get Sketchy.  The inspiration for this layout comes from singer/songwriter Bill Withers.  In 1981, he wrote a song called "Just the Two of Us" and today (over 30 years later), it is still one of my favorites.
____________________

Just the two of us 
We can make it if we try 
Just the two of us 


Just the two of us 
Building castles in the sky 
Just the two of us 
You and I
____________________ 



Original Sketch:




31 comments:

  1. Fantastic job again Jerome! I adore your adaptation of the sketch! Thanks once again for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy! It's so great to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I really enjoy playing along! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your colors and title! Beautiful page! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece of inspiration, it works so well on your awesome page! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic take on the sketch,Love the colors! thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Jerome, thats one of my favorite songs as well. Love the bling you added to your page, great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song as well. Great masculine colours, thanks for joining in with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice layout Jerome, love the photos and the colors and little bit of bling on the side, thanks for joining us at lgs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! And the use of the song title for your page is perfect with those photos!! Thanks for playing along with us @ LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the song and your layout! Perfect colors for your pictures! Great job with the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us again at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys look so happy and I love how you made this yours by making it masculine! You rocked it!!!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colour combo, my fave element is that darling little heart at the tip of the swirl, adorable. Thanks for playing along with us again Jerome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love how you incorporated the circle element to your background, Jerome. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful take on the sketch! Perfect title and color choice. So glad you joined us again at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the first guy I see that Scrapbook! I love it! And I think you did a wonderful job with the sketch! This masculine page rocks! Congrats! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhh what a sweet page and LOVE the colors on here!!! super cool... sooo glad you joined us at LGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another totally sweet layout Jerome!! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your layout! Your photos are beautiful and your layout compliments them so well! Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Great take on the sketch :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loe your take on my sketch! Great color combo. Thanks for playing along with us again at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great digi layout, reminds me to do more of them. Love the photos too! Thanks for sharing with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete

Download